Thursday, November 12, 2015

Scranimals by Jack Prelutsky

I read the book Scranimals by Jack Prelutsky with Mrs. Carreon's class today.



 It is a poetry book where the author takes two things, like a mango and gorilla, for example, and combines them into one weird animal: a MANGORILLA.  So each page features a poem about a scranimal and where it lives, what it eats, etc.  They were pretty silly!  I think the students' favorites were the BANANACONDA and the POTATOAD...judging by the laughter on those pages!

Let's make our own scranimal island in the library!  If you want to add a scranimal to my map, all you need to do is create your own scranimal and draw a picture of it with a label of its name underneath.  Bring it in to the library and I'll add it to our Library Island!

I let Mrs. Carreon's class check out the book because they were so excited about scranimals and wanted to spend more time looking at them.  But eventually I will have it rotate to the other classes.

I just thought of one myself!  A FRUMPKIN!  (A frog and a pumpkin!)  Now I have to draw one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment